While community outreach and volunteering at home are meaningful and impactful ways to give back, sometimes the greatest impact one can have is thousands of miles away, in another country. Those of us living in the United States making more than $32,400 a year, are in the top 1% of global wealth holders. Imagine the impact we can have on the other 99% of the world’s population? Oxfam, a global charity with over 70 years of experience in improving lives, makes global giving easy.
One of their unique methods of giving is the gifting of livestock to families in underdeveloped nations. One goat can provide a family with a maintainable source of food and nourishment for years to come. They have various animals to choose from, accommodating almost any budget.
What we love about this organization: Oxfam embodies the adage “Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime. Oxfam is lifting people out of poverty by providing them with the means to provide for themselves.”